« Home | The world is never as it seems Or as it should be... » | What I'm Reading This Week: Harry Potter and the P... » | The novelty of new life felt. In the midst of so... » | At the beginning of the year I worked out some of ... » | My overflow from 7:22 last night. Brushed by th... » | From Relevant Magazine. So true. So true. It ca... » | I was reading Pablo Neruda last night and I wrote ... » | Meditations on Psalm 77 More than a man Less t... » | White on blue on black Stars in the sky on the sk... » | What I'm Reading This Week: Harry Potter and the C... » 

9.24.2003 

My overflow from 7:22 last night. "Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly . . ." Colossians 3:16 The reason I keep drifting . . . the reason I keep struggling for any type of consistency is because I fill my mind with things other than You. Instead of Your words and Your heart living in me, everything else finds a home here. Instead of living with You, I fill my mind with cheap entertainment and little gods that I chase after with way to much time and energy. You are all of life, You are in all of life, and You are through all of life. Like a thread, You run through history from the past, into the present, and on toward the future. This is why Your words were given. Not for some abstract theology or detached meaning, but to show us how You have been moving since before time. Thats why You became flesh as John writes. Give me the eyes to see that. Allow me to tie into the thread of Your words that have run from before time to the end of time. Allow me to immerse myself in this stream of redemption. Create in me thirst. Create in me hunger. Create in me senses. Create in me You, as Your words lodge into my heart and become stakes that ground me and an anchor that centers me.

About Me

  • I'm Josh
  • From Atlanta, Georgia
Profile
  • The NT & the People of God
  • The Secret Message of Jesus

Powered by Blogger