« Home | I was reading Pablo Neruda last night and I wrote ... » | Meditations on Psalm 77 More than a man Less t... » | White on blue on black Stars in the sky on the sk... » | What I'm Reading This Week: Harry Potter and the C... » | An assignment from my Christian Education class. ... » | Dampened by the tide of a Sunday morning love lost... » | Poetry by Pablo Neruda And it was at that time.... » | What I'm Reading This Week: Thirsting for God in a... » | "Look Mr. Frodo . . . an elephante!" - Samwise the... » | Cause I'm half the man I used to be. » 

9.16.2003 

From Relevant Magazine. So true. So true. It can hit at any time. Usually the times when you're most confident that it won't, it's then that it does. It's that same reoccurring sin you are just so powerless against. The depression sets in, teary eyes stare at the ground, shivers run up your spine, and you feel your stomach turning as if you might puke. You lay on the floor in disbelief at your own betrayal of your King. We've all been there. We know this situation very well. We despise it, we fear it, and we alone are helpless to its strength. It doesn't matter what sin it is, we all have that one sin that breaks us every time. There are days when we are victorious to it, or at least it doesn't attack us on those days. And there are days when no matter what condition our heart is in, we crumble to it.

About Me

  • I'm Josh
  • From Atlanta, Georgia
Profile
  • The NT & the People of God
  • The Secret Message of Jesus

Powered by Blogger