« Home | I built a fort this weekend. Behind the couch, whe... » | i borrow matt's jeep. roll the back window up. dro... » | Part One I'm at a frustrating point in my life ... » | The Plight of the Golden Goldfish (a reflective l... » | I'm not feeling all to well today. A little on the... » | I was reading from a compliation of Soren Kierkega... » | What I'm Reading This Week: The Gospel In A Plural... » | Meditations on Isaiah 14:26-27 "I have a plan f... » | Much ado about God A big deal is due Him A huge ... » | The Heights by Dave Crowder Where are the green... » 

10.22.2002 

It�s really frustrating and sad to sit, watch, and listen to someone who does not have a clue about what our purpose is. As individuals, as a church, as schools. I know I�m a screw-up. I have sin flowing through my veins. And I battle non-stop with sin and guilt and conviction. But I thank You that I�m some what in tune with your purpose, despite my sin. I�m glad that I�m not oblivious and operating on a kindergarten level. I�m not trying to sound proud because I know You see me and all my junk. So trust me, pride is not what�s bothering me. But its hard to watch somebody who it doesn�t �click� with. You know? Do You love them and their foolishness? Or does You see them as Pharisees? I really struggle with this. I wish I could just see what You see. That would make it so much easier. I wish I knew Your take on it. You know that it drives me crazy. I don�t have to tell You that. But it drives me absolutely nuts. I�m just torn between both sides. On one side I know that there is just as much grace in Your hands for them as there is for me. But on the other side, I don�t understand how they could be so far away on such key issues like methods, mission, Your heart, Your nature, grace, love. I try and let it go and focus only on what You want to do with me. What am I supposed to do? I want to challenge them to rethink some things just like I want to rethink some things. But they are so close-minded. But then again, maybe I�m being close-minded. I guess that�s what I�m asking. For You to show me Your heart and Your take on these people. I probably don�t need to know. Who am I to ask You to show me something? It�s not even really important when it comes to me and You.

About Me

  • I'm Josh
  • From Atlanta, Georgia
Profile
  • The NT & the People of God
  • The Secret Message of Jesus

Powered by Blogger