« Home | Part One I'm at a frustrating point in my life ... » | The Plight of the Golden Goldfish (a reflective l... » | I'm not feeling all to well today. A little on the... » | I was reading from a compliation of Soren Kierkega... » | What I'm Reading This Week: The Gospel In A Plural... » | Meditations on Isaiah 14:26-27 "I have a plan f... » | Much ado about God A big deal is due Him A huge ... » | The Heights by Dave Crowder Where are the green... » | Starting to get restless again. Dissatisfied. Frus... » | What I'm reading this week: Romans and James and t... » 

10.18.2002 

i borrow matt's jeep. roll the back window up. drop the windows in the front and put in some u2. electrical storm starts to play in the two speakers above my head. and i start to drive. i stick my hand out the window and the cool air runs through them effortlessly. my hair is still wet from the shower and the cool wind blows over it and around it, slowly drying it. i pull into the starbucks parking lot and i can hear the gravel crack under the tires. the leaves get brushed to the side as the jeep comes to a stop. i go in and order a caramel apple cider with no whip and extra cinnamon. now all my senses are at a peak level. i sit out on a bench on this worn deck overlooking a lake. the wind cuts across the water and gently rolls up my face before it heads out on its neverending journey. creation is playing with me. and i am enjoying it. i listen. i watch. i taste. i touch. everything is firing now. my awareness is sharp. my heart in tune. my focus clear. its one of those rare moments when I and God merge into one. and a moment freezes in time and becomes an experience that will shape who i am. everything clicks. the light goes on. the chief end of man truly is to enjoy God forever and i am enjoying Him despite my cracks, stains, busted attempts to please. a weak will. a tainted heart. a mind full of memories that i wish i could forget. feeble attempts at living. dirty hands. but yet in connection with a Creator. today i have fulfilled my purpose and found my meaning. and now the battle begins to stay in this place tomorrow. but its a fight that is worth fighting. there is beauty in the fight. there is prestige and glory in the midst of it. and there is enjoyment on the other side.

About Me

  • I'm Josh
  • From Atlanta, Georgia
Profile
  • The NT & the People of God
  • The Secret Message of Jesus

Powered by Blogger