« Home | What I'm Reading This Week: The Gospel In A Plural... » | Meditations on Isaiah 14:26-27 "I have a plan f... » | Much ado about God A big deal is due Him A huge ... » | The Heights by Dave Crowder Where are the green... » | Starting to get restless again. Dissatisfied. Frus... » | What I'm reading this week: Romans and James and t... » | It�s a good place to be when you�re in peace. Peac... » | I survived the hike this weekend. It was a tough h... » | In Your hands, there is the treasure of the earth.... » | What I'm listening to this week: Ryan Adams mix, W... » 

10.15.2002 

I was reading from a compliation of Soren Kierkegaard's writing and the editor wrote this in the introduction. He was discussing about the different levels of existence or the different stages of life that people are on. Sadly, the first and primary of the stages, sounds like me oftentimes. Here is how Kirkengard describes this stage: This life is a life that is immediately lived - a life lived for "the moment". It is the lifestyle in which people are absorbed in satisfying their "natural" desires and impulses, whether physical, emotional, or intellectual. These people are solely concerned with their own happiness and believe that the key to happiness is found in externals - who they know, what they do, the roles they play, what they possess, where they live, and so on. They live for enjoyment, on the surface of life. They are observers, spectators, tasters, but not serious participants. They have no real inner life, no real self to offer to others. Their well-being is determined by the choices or moods of others and by forces that extend beyond their control. When they make decisions, they are not internalized. I'll be dead honest. That's a pretty accurate description of me 90% of the time.

About Me

  • I'm Josh
  • From Atlanta, Georgia
Profile
  • The NT & the People of God
  • The Secret Message of Jesus

Powered by Blogger