« Home | I'm not feeling all to well today. A little on the... » | I was reading from a compliation of Soren Kierkega... » | What I'm Reading This Week: The Gospel In A Plural... » | Meditations on Isaiah 14:26-27 "I have a plan f... » | Much ado about God A big deal is due Him A huge ... » | The Heights by Dave Crowder Where are the green... » | Starting to get restless again. Dissatisfied. Frus... » | What I'm reading this week: Romans and James and t... » | It�s a good place to be when you�re in peace. Peac... » | I survived the hike this weekend. It was a tough h... » 

10.16.2002 

The Plight of the Golden Goldfish (a reflective look into the life of a domesticated fish) by Josh Brown I'm sick and tired of watching fish suffer. Especially these fish that have the plants at the top with the little roots they're supposed to eat. I mean honestly, how many people do you see that get loads and loads of enjoyment out of these fish. Its not like they're dogs. They don't have names. They're not companions like dogs are. Or spider monkeys for that matter. They don't bring our life joy. We can't throw them a freaking bone. These fish don't brighten anyone's day. They sit like a picture on the wall. They're not pets. They're decoration. Live decoration. Its not trendy. Its a savage act of torture. What does the fish have to look forward to all day? A 24 hour day with nothing to do but swim around in a bowl with some roots all in his way. But wait . . . for 30 seconds, and hopefully every day (but sometimes not) their owner feeds them. And guess what? They get 30 seconds of pure bliss. 30 seconds of jubilation. Thats right, I said jubilation. They find fulfillment, meaning, and purpose in those 30 seconds. Then what? Back to another 23 hours, 59 minutes, and 30 seconds of boredom. Swimming and sleeping. Sleeping and swimming. In a bowl that would be comparable to us being locked in a small bathroom. And its not like the water is fresh. Here my heart. Listen to my plea. And consider freeing the domesticated fish.

About Me

  • I'm Josh
  • From Atlanta, Georgia
Profile
  • The NT & the People of God
  • The Secret Message of Jesus

Powered by Blogger