« Home | What I'm Listening To This Week: Sim Redmond Band,... » | This is an excerpt from a web community that I'm a... » | An excerpt from an email I sent to my friend Sharo... » | What I'm Reading This Week: Foolishness to the Gre... » | If I find in myself a desire which no experience i... » | We don't hear from God these days. We hear from en... » | This is only my shadow journal. This is where I po... » | Show me a love that is deeper than my view of grac... » | I've decided to stay in school and stick it out an... » | Taken from my journal January 3rd, 2000. I will... » 

12.22.2002 

I went flying today in this really cool plane with this really cool guy who is a really cool skier and we did really cool flying stuff and we flew over Lake Lanier and North Atlanta and some other cool places. Then we went to this really old runway that must have been there since the 1940s. There was this old general store with this old man sitting outside on the front porch (his name was Mathas, it was his runway). He was cool. And all these men sat and talked about how cool planes were for a while. It was cool. I felt like I flashed back to a cool place in time. It was cool. Then we left Mathas' hang out and flew around in the air some more. I saw some birds. They were small. I don't know why, but I thought about James and the Giant Peach when I saw the birds. I like that book. We kept flying. I got to wear some headphones and talk into a microphone which was cool. It made me feel like a pilot which I've always wanted to be. In my mind I was a pilot. Even though I just looked, which is still very pilotish if you think about it. I mean somebody has to look at cool stuff. And another person has to operate cool stuff. I was the lookout for cool stuff. I was a pilot. Basically it was cool. Very cool. One day, I want to be a flier. How do you spell flier? Is it flier? Or flyer? Hmmmnnnnnnn . . . . cool stuff. I'm going home to good old Alabama this week. I've already got my John Deere hat out and my Johnny Cash cd burned and its going to be some good old redneck Christmas stuff. Whoopah(!) And . . . ah . . . it might snow here in Atlanta on Thursday which sucks for me because I'll be in Alabama where there is no snow. Snow hates me. It always goes where I'm not. It knows where I am and it stays away. I wonder if that means I have a high body temperature or that I put off to much heat for snow to come? I need a scientist friend who can answer these questions. I'm leaving now. I gotta go think about flying some more and how COOL it was(!)

About Me

  • I'm Josh
  • From Atlanta, Georgia
Profile
  • The NT & the People of God
  • The Secret Message of Jesus

Powered by Blogger