« Home | Beautiful mess-ups. Thats all we are. I'm sitting ... » | Forgive me for not sharing my life. Forgive me for... » | This is the paper that I turned in for my final in... » | What I'm Listening To This Week: David Wilcox, Dav... » | Thoughts taken from Brian McLaren's A New Kind of ... » | In the middle she was forever beautiful In the en... » | What I'm Reading This Week: A New Kind of Christia... » | I'm going home for the Thanksgiving holidays today... » | You've got to burn to shine - Ben Harper » | This is an article written by Mark Driscoll, pasto... » 

12.11.2002 

Taken from my journal January 3rd, 2000. I will no longer walk in the chains of religion. No matter how much religion tells me: "Don't worry, you've made it." I will be a radical for You. I will no longer follow at a distance and be pacified by what today's Christian "norm" is. I will walk and follow closely Your example. I will choose not to follow the diluted down version of Christianity, but instead I will follow the example of a radical Christ. I spit in the face of mediocrity. I will be consumed by You and out of that be changed from the inside. Why? Because I have nothing to lose and everything to gain. I will not compromise the truth but I will speak it as hard as I live it. I am tired of getting by and doing what religion has told me to do. I am numbed to feeling of doing good. I fail to see a world dying everyday before my very eyes. God, I will no longer walk the religious path, but instead I will walk the radical Christ path. No longer will I do just enough to get by, but I will challenge every rule and every stereotype that prevents me from being the radical Christian that You have called me to be. With You as my witness and only Your approval and applause to lose, I will seek to follow You dangerously close. God forgive me of acceptance of my watered-down Christianity. Make me into Your image, the image of a man that makes me people, governments, and culture feel a little uncomfortable because of my lifestyle that is not of this world. Let the reformation begin here.

About Me

  • I'm Josh
  • From Atlanta, Georgia
Profile
  • The NT & the People of God
  • The Secret Message of Jesus

Powered by Blogger