« Home | What I'm Reading This Week: Foolishness to the Gre... » | If I find in myself a desire which no experience i... » | We don't hear from God these days. We hear from en... » | This is only my shadow journal. This is where I po... » | Show me a love that is deeper than my view of grac... » | I've decided to stay in school and stick it out an... » | Taken from my journal January 3rd, 2000. I will... » | Beautiful mess-ups. Thats all we are. I'm sitting ... » | Forgive me for not sharing my life. Forgive me for... » | This is the paper that I turned in for my final in... » 

12.17.2002 

An excerpt from an email I sent to my friend Sharon describing my day: i'm so excited because i just love people and there is so much spirit in the air. everybody is just happy and stuff. or at least it seems like that to me. i made a specific point today when i was praying this morning that God would teach me how to be loving towards everybdoy even those people who i can't stand sometimes, which is usually everybody at this church. but today, i just asked God to forgive me for being such a butt hole to people and today i just took every opportunity with every person that i passed in the hallway or came into contact with today to just strike up a conversation and let the stories of our lives collide for a few seconds. and i've just has so many simplistic beautiful moments today. its nice. i need to quit being a butt hole so often and instead look for opportunities to invite people into my life. so many people who i thought were arrogant, racist, closeminded, bigotted, butt holes (to name a few adjectives), really are nice once you get past there jaded exterior. i don't know. i'm a butt hole, pig headed jackanus some time and i'm glad that God showed me that i can be a jerk too. it was just a nice day. i found beauty and God in alot of places that i usually just dismiss as empty shells. does that make sense? i say all of that to say, that i think for the first time in probably all my life, i came as close as i ever have to walking in tune with God and in the Spirit all day long. it was nice. real nice.

About Me

  • I'm Josh
  • From Atlanta, Georgia
Profile
  • The NT & the People of God
  • The Secret Message of Jesus

Powered by Blogger