« Home | What I'm Listening To This Week: Jack Johnson, Col... » | It�s really frustrating and sad to sit, watch, and... » | I built a fort this weekend. Behind the couch, whe... » | i borrow matt's jeep. roll the back window up. dro... » | Part One I'm at a frustrating point in my life ... » | The Plight of the Golden Goldfish (a reflective l... » | I'm not feeling all to well today. A little on the... » | I was reading from a compliation of Soren Kierkega... » | What I'm Reading This Week: The Gospel In A Plural... » | Meditations on Isaiah 14:26-27 "I have a plan f... » 

10.23.2002 

Where would I go to search after You? Where would I start? Did I choose You? No! You chose me. You came to me. Your understanding and mind are so beyond me. I was groping around in the dark. I was blind. How could I know what to look for? How would I describe You? But You came to me. You showed Yourself to me. You opened my eyes and revealed to me. You are the essence of everything. All of creation is an extension of You. How it all came to be, Your plan for everythign, it's insanity to the blind. My eyes are open and it seems crazy to me sometimes. A being that existed for all of eternity. Created a universe. Hurled a rock into the middle of it. Carved out oceans and planted life in the ground. Suspended it all by this thing called gravity. Then created man out of dust. Let a snake talk to them and deceive them. Flood the entire world but let some people live who built a boat big enough to carry all the animals of the world for 40 days. Pick a group of people out of the desert and put them on this small piece of land. Send Your Son, who is a part of triune being known as the Trinity, into these people. Send Him into those people through a 13 year old girl's virgin birth. Put Him in the most minimal of places. Made Him a carpenter. Then sent Him to a cross where His fishermen friend deserted Him. Killed Your Son. Raised Him from the dead. Through that covering my sins and restoring me into a right relationship with You. Then He ascended into heaven. Started a church with a bunch of rag tag cowards that has somehow lasted until this day. And now You wait in heaven, wherever that is, waiting to come and bring a city out of the sky. And even more, You chose me to be a part of this story, following in the line of Abraham, Moses, David, Peter, and Paul. Yeah . . . why could anyone think that is crazy? But as crazy as it is, its a story that I've given my life over too. You would think that the crazier the story is, the less believable it is. But for me, the crazier the story seems, the more sense it makes. Yeah its crazy. Its insanity. To the blind eye. But it makes sense to me. Its still crazy. Its still insanity. But its the kind that makes sense. And its the kind that I pour my life into.

About Me

  • I'm Josh
  • From Atlanta, Georgia
Profile
  • The NT & the People of God
  • The Secret Message of Jesus

Powered by Blogger