« Home | The sweet smell of You I will contemplate your va... » | What I am listening to this week: Coldplay - A Rus... » | I'm got in last night about 10:00 in good 'ole Ala... » | So frustrated . . . This thing Nothing definite,... » | I'm going on a 14 mile hike in two weeks and I jus... » | First of all I'm well aware that no one reads this... » | To big for me To huge for me No, my words will n... » | Rants of the Week: 1.) Why does everybody like ... » | I had to make a midweek change in my cd changer. T... » | The Mirror I stand before the mirror And inste... » 

9.24.2002 

I'm getting ready to start a real in depth study of Romans. I've really been challenged lately to go deeper in my search for Truth. I've always just accepted answers or listened to what others had to say. I've never really memorized any scripture or gotten real deep in my knowledge of scripture. I'm not being legalistic about it by any means. But I really want to get beyond the surface in my walk and my learning. A lot of things for me have always been real superficial and I don't want that anymore. So I'm going to try and dig deeper. And I'm going to set the most loftiest goal ever in trying to memorize a good portion of Romans. I'd like to know Romans like the back of my hand. I don't know how long I'm going to study it, but probably for a long while. Maybe a year of in depth study. I was listening to Mark Driscoll give a message at this conference on gospel and culture and he was telling about one of the guys he mentored who had only been a Christian for 18 months and already he had memorized the book of Galatians and Philippians. He was extremely deep already after only 18 months. I was just really challenged to go deeper. Especially since I spend so much time reading other authors and their books. I thought maybe I should actually start spending some time with God's book. I probably should have started off with something not so complex as Romans, but I've already been reading through and doing some minor study for the past month in the book, plus I love Romans, so I figured why not. Lets just jump in feet first. So thats what I'm doing. I'll be reading John Stott's, Martin Luther's, and John Calvin's commentaries on Romans as I go along. Its going to be interesting to read through Calvin and Luther's commentaries because they are such polar opposites sometimes. Especially when I get to Romans 9. But getting real confused is always fun.

About Me

  • I'm Josh
  • From Atlanta, Georgia
Profile
  • The NT & the People of God
  • The Secret Message of Jesus

Powered by Blogger