« Home | Faithful by Ben and Robin Pasley A song from Ente... » | Unexplainable love How would I start How would I... » | What's in my cd player this week: A Norah Jones Mi... » | Wide eyes, soft and gentle A spark of excitement ... » | Today is alot. I don't know what to write or to sa... » | God's Delight In Me The pain of the cross was n... » | What's in my cd player this week: David Crowder Ba... » | Confident Foolishness Confident foolishness. Th... » | we the united sheep of america. we will do anythin... » | In my cd player this week: Coldplay, Hives/Strokes... » 

9.18.2002 

The Mirror I stand before the mirror And instead of seeing what I'd like to see Instead of the perfected work, the tender face of forgiveness I see the history of my life laid out before me I see the scars, the sin, the memories The shame and busted cracks that I know all to well Reflecting my past in the mirror It's so dark and chilling It haunts me, it stalks me Every day and every night It calls back from the depths It craves my pity It is begging for me to give in To listen to the somber cries It doubles me over with grief, guilt, disgrace Why did I fall? Why did I give in? I knew and turned with full knowledge And now I stand face to face with it Acknowledging it, repenting of it, dying to move on But it just doesn't quit Its always there and always will be Whispering to me to give in But love and grace need me more So I'll fight the battle Sometimes I'll win, oftentimes I'll lose But in the end, we'll see whose on top My Love will put an end to the torment And then . . . I'll rest happy

About Me

  • I'm Josh
  • From Atlanta, Georgia
Profile
  • The NT & the People of God
  • The Secret Message of Jesus

Powered by Blogger