« Home | What's in my cd player this week: David Crowder Ba... » | Confident Foolishness Confident foolishness. Th... » | we the united sheep of america. we will do anythin... » | In my cd player this week: Coldplay, Hives/Strokes... » | The Fusion of Methodology and Theology A Holistic... » | Read this in none other than Leonard Sweet's Soul ... » | God of Grace You are the God of grace Why can'... » | Confident foolishness. Supreme satisfaction. An ov... » | Relationship vs. Religion written in 1999 Whic... » | Another Semester of School Today is the first d... » 

9.10.2002 

God's Delight In Me The pain of the cross was not for nothing. The agony and toil was not without a purpose. He did not give up His son and turn His back on Him for an hour, for the sake of doing it. Everything from the beginning of time until now, all of history has led up to this point. All the plans, all the sacrifice has led up to this moment, this life. My road that he has guided, my life that he has molded, my circumstances that he has crafted all lead up to our friendship. Our mutual love. One for another. But my love is tainted. It comes from my impure motives. It's not a perfect love. I wish it were though. Then I would feel a little prouder in my meager offerings. But that's not what He wants. He's not looking for much. He knows I don't have anything to offer that He doesn't have. He knows that I offer so little in comparison to His resources. But that "little" is what He prizes more than anything. More than everything He created. More than everything He owns. More than anything He has access to (and He has access to everything). He desires me. This is why he did everything. This is what its all for. For me. For us. All the tears, all the pain, all the glory, all the love. For the sake of me. Its in His nature. Its who He is. Its Him, the creator of love. Love itself. "If God stopped thinking of me, He would cease to exist." - 15th Century Theologian Angelus Silesius "God by definition is thinking of me." - Brennan Manning

About Me

  • I'm Josh
  • From Atlanta, Georgia
Profile
  • The NT & the People of God
  • The Secret Message of Jesus

Powered by Blogger