« Home | Another Semester of School Today is the first d... » | Church This would be a pretty cool ad for some ch... » | I have no prayer No offerings No words Only a ... » | Excerpts from Soul Tsunami by Leonard Sweet Ev... » | In the solitude he spoke In the silence: I can't... » | Man I'm tired. It seems like the days never end an... » | The Gospel Growing up and living in the south, ... » | King Of It All Meditations on Romans 2:17-24 E... » | Meditations on Colossians 1:15-27 The beautiful... » 

8.27.2002 

Relationship vs. Religion written in 1999 Which is the better? Relationship causes us to be dependent. While religion drowns us in our own strength. Relationship produces fire and passion in our lives. Religion produces complacency. Relationship drives us to serve. Religion drives us to apathy. Relationship draws us to dangerous. Religion draws us to something safe. Relationship drives us to our knees. Religion drives us to our platforms. Relationship births love for the lost. Religion births love of our rules. Relationship causes change. Religion causes conformity. Relationship brings forth life and fruit. Religion brings death and decay. When I look at this, I see that the relationship is far better than the religion. But when I look at my life, I see my religious offerings of money, time, materials, songs, and words. I see them and I think, "wow". But it's a matrix. I think am something. I think am making a difference. I think I am in God's will. But then I look at my life. I look at how much time I spend in the relationship. That's when I realize that I am bound in religion.

About Me

  • I'm Josh
  • From Atlanta, Georgia
Profile
  • The NT & the People of God
  • The Secret Message of Jesus

Powered by Blogger