« Home | What started as a whisper Slowly turned into a sc... » | Leaving on a jet plane. Going toooooooo OneDay. » | A friend of mine emailed me and said that my journ... » | Its funny that I'm having to lose what I want in o... » | The great author Peggi Robinson wrote this. If you... » | From an email from my good friend who I've never m... » | And the sunset throws the planets back in line. An... » | Oh yeah. I apologize for the rant that I was on fr... » | Well . . . life is definitely one of the more amaz... » | Its so hard to walk in that perfect groove. Where ... » 

5.28.2003 

I'm back from OneDay, fresh with a new perspective and a full journal. So I'll be posting some stuff on here the next couple of days. I'm going to try and post the dates and time from when I wrote each entry so it'll progress along as my journey did. Some of the entries may not have times, but they'll still be pretty much in order. Here's the first day's entries. 5.25.03 3:00 pm I'm officially at OneDay. It rained all last night and the tent leaked in my face and everywhere else. And since my super cool goose feathered sleeping bag isn't supposed to get wet, I had to put it back in my bag and instead slept under a towel. Which would have been great had it not gotten wet after 30 minutes. So instead of sleeping under a rain soaked towel, I went blanketless. So I got no sleep and woke up in a bad mood, with my allergies in full motion mind you. But then Sharon and I went up to the OneDay 268 Art Gallery and looked at some of the artwork that students had done in preparation for OneDay. And as I looked at and reflected and meditated on the works and the words that described the pieces, I could feel my heart starting to dial into why I was here. And within me, I started to come around the sacred. And that made the long night seem not so long anymore. I really can't wait. To tune into God fully and unhindered. To spend time with Sharon. To let go and get rid of some of my junk, past, present, and future. 5.25.03 7:35 pm The eager expectation and awaiting of a diving and sacred moment. Sitting around, waiting for Crowder to lead us to a holy place. And as I wait, my heart and mind and body have already begun the journey to that place. As my all begins to focus into the Spirit and the moment, I wait for the full fledged encounter that I'm entering into with my Creator. As He engages us in a solemn assembly and as hungry souls. Desperate to touch Him back as we offer ourselves in broken pieces of worship. 5.25.03 7:45 pm Laid back on a blanket staring at a blue sky as the sun sets. Laying in a grassy field with the cool air and a perfect breeze. I can't help to imagine the proud, warm feeling that God might have right now as He looks down at us, His creation joining in with creation. And for a moment, we are living as we were created to. A redemptive moment of worship. 5.25.03 10:30 pm I pray that I would never come to the cross for any benefits, but only for its glory. 5.25.03 11:00 pm The scandal and shame All for us, all for me. The gore and pain All for us, all for me.

About Me

  • I'm Josh
  • From Atlanta, Georgia
Profile
  • The NT & the People of God
  • The Secret Message of Jesus

Powered by Blogger