« Home | Questions I Have on the Contextualization of the G... » | What I'm Listening To This Week: Dave Crowder, Pas... » | Excerpt from James and the Giant Peach "It's to... » | I think I've finally found the loop hole. The way ... » | Where would I go to search after You? Where would ... » | What I'm Listening To This Week: Jack Johnson, Col... » | It�s really frustrating and sad to sit, watch, and... » | I built a fort this weekend. Behind the couch, whe... » | i borrow matt's jeep. roll the back window up. dro... » | Part One I'm at a frustrating point in my life ... » 

10.30.2002 

The Phoenix as Symbol The phoenix was a bird from ancient Egyptian mythology that flew so close to the sun that it was consumed by fire and fell to the ground, only to rise later, to fly again, reborn out of the ashes. The phoenix symbolizes us on our journey with God. As time has gone on, we have flown so close to the flames of this world that we have been consumed by it so much that we have lost our ability to fly. Now as followers of Jesus, we lay in the ashes, broken, beaten, and barely breathing. A far cry from our ultimate purpose that we were created for. So now its time for us to rise up again. Time to be renewed again with a passion for our Creator and for our world. A time to be intimate with our maker and relevant in our context. It is time for the church to rise out of the ashes and become a thriving social and spiritual capital once again. It is time for the church to quit flying so close to the flames of politics, religion, and tradition. Its time to fly again. Renewed. Reformed. Revived. Risen. Refreshed. Reprogrammed. Its time for the church to be church.

About Me

  • I'm Josh
  • From Atlanta, Georgia
Profile
  • The NT & the People of God
  • The Secret Message of Jesus

Powered by Blogger