« Home | tiles, paint, broom ball, grinch music, a christma... » | Top notch birthday celebration. Without a doubt. B... » | Its been two weeks since my last concise thoughts.... » | What I'm Reading: Deep Memory, Exuberant Hope by W... » | My Weekend Preview brought to you by your friends ... » | Reading: Alternative Worship by Jonny Baker & Doug... » | INFLUENCE syncretism versus sectarianism For t... » | Johnny Cash Hurt [a nine inch nails cover] I ... » | Current Reading: Renovation of the Heart by Dallas... » | All my life I�ve been searching for somethin� Som... » 

12.14.2004 

And the sage continues . . . move home and live with my parents and pay off debt and then have no prospects once I pay off debt or stay here and have little to no money to pay off debt and work for the man. What do I do? What do I do? What is right? What is wrong? Are either right/wrong? Either/or? Both/and? What is important is what we do with the time that has been given to us. What am I doing? Am I happy? Am I fulfilled? Am I operating out of my passion and my heart? Or am I surviving? Getting by because its what you're supposed to do? Is going a home an escape or is it the right thing to do? How do you know? How do you discern? How do you not get frustrated with the process of trying to figure out life? Of finding direction? What if God's voice isn't clear as it has been for other things? What do you do then? I'm emotional right now. I'm not going to lie. How do I seperate emotions from reality? Can I? Should I? Somehow I can not escape the reality that if I don't do something now and do the right thing, I'm going to end up regretting and dealing with the consequences for the next few years. And somehow I can not get away from the pipe dream I have of thinking life would make much more sense and be much easier were I living in Coasta Rica or Hawaii or some other island paradise selling sno-cones, renting sailboats, and making wooden hand crafts that go on necklaces and in your window sill, such as the ever present coconut carving of a gorilla face that is a candle votif.

average joe doesn't read my blog. doubt and questions are an intricate part of my story because beyond the question and even beyond the answers that may or may not exist, lies a place ripe with opportunity and hope. some people have it all figured out and move through life without questions. i haven't been given that luxury. or at least haven't found it. naievty is easy. wrestling is harder. i wish it was easy for me. but its not. my discontent is not with the people in my life that i care about and encourage me and stir within me to move forward but with those who would choose to whisper in my ear to fit in, to become ordinary, to become one with the normal. to those, i raise my middle finger and say fare thee merry well. and that is who i am disillusioned with. no one else.

as well my blog is my journal. my way of wrestling. writing and thinking. its not written for the average joe. its not written for anyone.

And yes, long has the time been.

Welcome back. Suggestion #1, move to Seattle. Rent paddle boats at Greenlake. Sell Cafe Vita coffee and see a new band every night. Consider yourself dared . . .

doubled dared

Post a Comment

About Me

  • I'm Josh
  • From Atlanta, Georgia
Profile
  • The NT & the People of God
  • The Secret Message of Jesus

Powered by Blogger