« Home | What I'm Listening To: G-Love, 50 First Dates Soun... » | What I'm Listening To: Jack Johnson, Ryan Adams, J... » | Sometimes . . . when no one even notices. I smile ... » | I wonder if anyone else has trouble spelling "Febr... » | i just broke my little toe. i think. i'm not quite... » | The Same Shade Of A Horse red cowboys. half ind... » | And the fog lifts. The dawn breaks. Creativity is ... » | There are people after Jesus. They have seen the ... » | Is it odd that the last two websites I've been too... » | Amongst the ruins of the day, The tiring of the ... » 

4.13.2004 

At what point did I buy into the lie that the adult world was cool, easy, and fun? I don't ever remember any overt propaganda that made an attempt at romanticizing the daily poo of what takes place in it. At what point did I buy into the lie that once you get older, you do what you have to do, even at the expense of spontaneity, life, adventure, and enjoyment? At what point did I buy into the lie that my life could not, should not, and would not be anything like you see in a movie? Is it that unreasonable that I could not, should not, and would not be able to live a life that is patterned in the wonderful movie, 50 First Dates? I think not. At what point did I buy into the lie that my life would always have to be dictated by the amount of money that I make in order to pay for the things that only tie me down, i.e. car, house, etc.? I work to pay the bills that pay for the living that I'm not doing. Therefore, I am working in order to pay for a car that I drive to work. Very cyclical process you see. Furthermore, I am working in order to pay for the house that I live in so that I can come home Monday - Friday to stare mindlessly at the tv because I'm too tired to read, write, move, or do anything that hints at excitement. Yet still, I am working in order to pay for the insurance that insures my health and life that are in no way endangered as I carry out my day-to-day business inside work and inside my house. Life and health insurance would naturally make sense were I traveling, experiencing the world, or partaking in the thing we call adventure. But to work to pay the insurance to insure my playstation and tv watching seems peculiar at best. At what point did I buy into the lie that tells me that the here and now is the most important thing in life, that my immediate satisfaction and whims are the only things that need to be fulfilled on any given day? When naturally, the alternative of investing in something higher than myself and moving progressively closer towards that Height seems the wiser choice? At what point did I buy the lie? At what point did I buy the lie indeed?

About Me

  • I'm Josh
  • From Atlanta, Georgia
Profile
  • The NT & the People of God
  • The Secret Message of Jesus

Powered by Blogger