« Home | And the fog lifts. The dawn breaks. Creativity is ... » | There are people after Jesus. They have seen the ... » | Is it odd that the last two websites I've been too... » | Amongst the ruins of the day, The tiring of the ... » | A post from Emergent Village on Missions. I've ... » | I moved yesterday. I can't feel my leg. I broke my... » | What I'm Reading This Week: Amusing Ourselves to D... » | The Bible is always more than a textbook or curric... » | I do believe in fairies. I do. I do. - Peter Pan » | Thanks to my most beautiful, creative, and fun gir... » 

2.24.2004 

The Same Shade Of A Horse red cowboys. half indian. half texan. half everything. a blurring of all lines as their cocentric circles wrap continually around and through each other. at times becoming wholly native and at times becoming fully immersed as locals. two worlds colliding and merging. two worlds merging and colliding. i'm a lot like a red cowboy. my feet often find themselves planted here even while my heart is in a distant place. and sometimes my heart finds itself rooted here even while my feet are progressing the elevation towards a higher destination. so whats a boy to do? a question i find myself all to often asking. to readily asking. as if in small ways i enjoy the benefits of both worlds. i wonder what red cowboys had to go through. were they persecuted? were they considered indian? were they deemed worthy to be a cowboy? who accepted them? how did they operate? was it possible for them to be a cowboy and an indian at the same time? is it possible for me in this moment to remain an indian and a cowboy simultaneously? these are questions that can't be answered in my cyclical, veiled way? these are questions that my life will answer for me as my eyes guide my feet and heart toward harmonious continuity in beautiful directions. a red cowboy. is a bow and arrow that much different than a six-shooter? a spear from a lasso? a hunt for the same buffalo, ridden on the same shade of a horse. and onward towards the sunset.

About Me

  • I'm Josh
  • From Atlanta, Georgia
Profile
  • The NT & the People of God
  • The Secret Message of Jesus

Powered by Blogger