« Home | What I'm Reading This Week: Romans by John Stott, ... » | What I'm Listening To Now: The Early November, The... » | The moon hangs like the blade of an axe tonight, a... » | Anyone who robs a child of joy or somehow jades th... » | What I'm Listening To This Week: Louis Armstrong -... » | I went flying today in this really cool plane with... » | What I'm Listening To This Week: Sim Redmond Band,... » | This is an excerpt from a web community that I'm a... » | An excerpt from an email I sent to my friend Sharo... » | What I'm Reading This Week: Foolishness to the Gre... » 

1.06.2003 

I've got so much to be thankful. I really struggle alot with discouragement. Sometimes its as if I feel that I mess up to much for God to use me or to work in my life. Sometimes I just don't feel like I'm transforming into the image of Christ. So I feel like because of all my mess-ups that maybe God has kind of given up on me, which is what I deserve. But its so cool to see all the things that God has blessed me with despite my ignorance and hard heart. When I see all the things that God is giving me and using in my life, it gives me an incredible sense of encouragement knowing that He's not done with me yet. He's given me a great place to live. Great new friends. A great family. A great job. I just realized last night driving home after hanging out with some friends, that this realization of all that I have to be thankful for, is God answering my prayers and my heart from the past couple of months when I was really struggling with alot of frustration because of my place in life right now. So I just poured out my heart, tears, and frustrations to God for the past months and now He is answering them. Despite me being so undeserving. Who am I that You should be mindful of me? To know that God is mindful of me, hearing my prayers, then answering them, and giving me so many great things to be thankful for, even in the midst of my hard heart, blows my mind. Because it means that God is not through with me yet. He's still working in me. Transforming me. Molding me into a man of God. Shaping my heart and directing my paths in the right direction. And that is a very encouraging thought indeed.

About Me

  • I'm Josh
  • From Atlanta, Georgia
Profile
  • The NT & the People of God
  • The Secret Message of Jesus

Powered by Blogger