« Home | My groom's cake. I don't like to brag. I really ... » | A couple of you guys asked me about our vows while... » | I'm getting married tomorrow. :) » | Excerpted from the emergent southeast site. All c... » | Reading: Amusing Ourselves To Death - Neil Postman... » | When we all get to heaven. What a day of rejoicing... » | My friend Nick put a link on his blog that a frien... » | "I think there is more to Jesus than just coming t... » | I really like Michael Caine. » | Ladies and gentleman, due to the constant "comment... » 

10.25.2005 

Ok. So I'm back. It was and is quite what you would imagine marriage to be between an ugly man and a beautiful woman. Great for me. Alright for her. The honeymoon was excellent and has further cemented my desire to live on the beach somewhere in the global south, all while reading, writing, smoking cigars, and dreaming. Hopefully I'll get some pictures up pretty quick. We spent 22 hours yesterday either on a plane or in an airport due to Hurricane Wilma and crappy planes. Those chairs suck in airports! You would think they would get better lobby chairs. They're to small. Half your legs hang off. We watched "Crash". Excellent movie that explores race relations, both subtle and explicit. And I read God's Politics, which is turning out to be a very good read both denouncing the agendas of the left and right, all while exploring what a third option might look like. If you're into politics or are really frustrated with the current political climate, i.e. budget, wars, rhetoric, etc. Then the book is a really nice read that is critical yet hopeful. Really interesting to say the least. Anyway, I've been reading the blogs of a lot of you guys, and I am beyond humbled that you enjoyed and were touched in such a deep way by our wedding day. It brings a slight smile to my face because thats what we wanted it to be about. Not some boring ceremony with trite words and detached tradition, but a wedding that was a celebration of our friendships and our heart for God. So, without having to comment on 10 blogs, thanks for coming, thanks for sharing your lives with us on that day, and thanks for community. The weekend strenghted the idea that I believe in God because of people. Thank you for being a part of our lives. And I'll try to post some more in the next couple of days (after I get caught up on my sleep) about some thoughts that I developed and teased out a bit while sitting on the beach and in an airport.

About Me

  • I'm Josh
  • From Atlanta, Georgia
Profile
  • The NT & the People of God
  • The Secret Message of Jesus

Powered by Blogger