« Home | My friend Nick put a link on his blog that a frien... » | "I think there is more to Jesus than just coming t... » | I really like Michael Caine. » | Ladies and gentleman, due to the constant "comment... » | We are storytellers. Not fact givers. We're not se... » | » | I think sometimes it might be important for us to ... » | There is nothing better than listening to a live c... » | So I was listening to this conversation that N.T. ... » | I kind of always talk about being authentic. Basic... » 

10.11.2005 

When we all get to heaven. What a day of rejoicing that will be. You see its not really like that. Its when heaven gets to us. I think N.T. Wright said history is like 2 trains running at full speed at each other. Our world is full on heading towards the future . . . the end. And in the other direction God is full on speeding back towards us, bringing new creation with him. And then there is that fateful collision that I've been settling in on. I really am glad Crowder is smart and intelligent and a creator of good art. Its not cookie cutter Christian music out to make the green. I really think those guys make it for the sake of making it. All good art comes out of that place. The metaphor of a collision that is used is really quite eye opening. And to sit and listen to N.T. Wright talk. And then listen to Crowder's new cd. One song is about hope. And the next about chaos. And hurt and pain. They are in this dramatic tension with each other. Almost as if they are wrestling to see who wins. And then the lark rises up. On top of that, reading through John and seeing the life of Jesus through this new lens, or different perspective, of coming as an agent of new creation. Talking more about the kingdom of God than about heaven. Talking more about the present and grace than the future and judgement. Its hopeful that I can continue to find a faith, a theology, a God worth living for. I have found glimpses. As if the curtain gets pulled back a little for a few seconds. It always fades and I'm left wondering if it was my imagination or wishful thinking. But that small glimpse always leaves me inspired. Maybe its the Spirit who inspires. That memory of only a few seconds where the curtains gets pulled back is always enough to push me further in. Where is it leading? Of course I think that is the wrong question to ask. But I do wonder. And maybe I'm naive. But I think its leading me closer to the point. And maybe I'm naive to think I'll ever get there. And maybe I don't ever want to fully arrive. To have to bear the weight of "getting it" and then having to carry that around as a messenger. But I think I'm getting pushed or pulled or dragged or inspired futher up and further in. I started praying a long time ago. Like 5+ years long ago. That God would open my eyes to the reality of it all. I think maybe that was a good starting place for this journey that I'm on. And now that is my prayer for my friends. Friends for now. Everybody else later. But that God would continue to open our eyes to the reality of it all. That we would all see a snapshot, small glimpses of the point. Why God did, does, and is doing what it is that God does. Beyond Christianity. Beyond religion. Beyond 2005. May we all arrive at that spot of eye opening reality.

yeah. about a week ago, i posted 3 shirt designs I did. and thanks. we'll give you guys a call when we get back.

Post a Comment

About Me

  • I'm Josh
  • From Atlanta, Georgia
Profile
  • The NT & the People of God
  • The Secret Message of Jesus

Powered by Blogger