« Home | On the Coming Soon to Stores but I might pee my pa... » | What I'm Listening To: Rilo Kiley, The Music, Razo... » | Do you know the feeling of trying to translate or ... » | What I'm Reading This Week: Renovation of the Hear... » | I'm always playing around with ideas for a book. N... » | So I changed my first diaper last night. It was pr... » | Current Reading: Nothing - to busy. Sad I know. ... » | What are the odds of it snowing on Christmas Day i... » | It's Christmas. Current Reading: Relevant Churc... » | So my first full day home for Christmas looked a l... » 

2.10.2005 

I don't know what it is. Perhaps its the heritage and where the music can be traced to. But I've been obsessed with bands that have "The" in front of their name. I don't know if its because half of them just have an indie sound. Or a Brit-rock sound. Or that they all trace everything back to The Clash and The Cure. But I've decided to compile a list of every THE band I can think of that I've listened to in the past month to show my full appreciation for their superb lyrical and musical discharges. The Exies The Donnas The Strokes The Music The Von Bondines The Libertines The Clash The Cure The Yeah, Yeah, Yeahs The Killers The Flaming Lips The Rentals Please send your THE "insert band name here" suggestions to me so I can discover more of the same great music. Its true. If you have THE in front of your name. You are good. I can't think of any band who has THE in front of their name who aren't good. I can't. I've tried.

The Beatles
The Long Winters
The Jayhawks
The Ravonettes
The Shins
The Faint
The Muse
The Hives
The Thrills
The Polyphonic Spree
The Temptations
The Soggy Bottom Boys
The Presidents of the USA
The Postal Service
The Moldy Peaches
The Emotions
The Cranberries
The Chemical Brothers
The Beastie Boys
The Beach Boys

The U2
The Frou Frou
The Damien Rice
The Jack Johnson
The Fredrich Chopin
The Coldplay

I mean...

The Temptations
The Beatles
The Rat Pack

Those are the only "The" bands I have in my playlist. I now feel closed-minded.

Post a Comment

About Me

  • I'm Josh
  • From Atlanta, Georgia
Profile
  • The NT & the People of God
  • The Secret Message of Jesus

Powered by Blogger