« Home | This is from the last discussion topic from my onl... » | A new day has begun. » | Yesterday in class I got called a muslim apologist... » | From the discussion boards at Emergent Village: ... » | Somehow driving to school with my windows down, th... » | What I'm Reading This Week: What's So Amazing Abou... » | I just went through an online labyrinth. If you're... » | Good news. I'm an official poet. One of my writing... » | I'm looking into starting a type of alternative wo... » | What I'm Reading This Week: What's So Amazing Abou... » 

5.01.2003 

There's nothing like riding home after a girl just jabbed at your heart, with the windows down, Dashboard Confessional peaking out on the speakers, and the steam rising up off the road because it just got finished raining. What a lovely world we live in. Full of hope, surprises, and clouded thinking. Smiles lead to hope and hope to more smiles and then onto frustration and then back to square one. Only this time a little less full than you were before. And a bit more hollowed from the empty dreams that just crashed down out of your mind's eye. So with that . . . here are the lyrics that put me to sleep and drown out my thoughts. From So Impossibleby Dashboard Confessional And you'll be sorry isn't that what they'll say. Don't follow your heart cause it just seems to get in your way. From The Sharp Hint of New Tears by Dashboard Confessional On the way home This car hears my confessions I think tonight I'll take the long way In this weather The wind outside is biting Its left me feeling tired and exposed You've been asking me to bleed It seems these kinds of questions They come too easy to you now And your lack of shame comes naturally I should not be surprised I should of seen it sooner You expect me to apologize For things that you've done wrong While your inciting others Your owning up to nothing And I wish that I was gone Cause your not going anywhere And this damp air It's fighting my defrosters My sighs they ring victorious And fog this tinted glass And its clouded And so is my head The hint of these new tears are shown I try to choke them back But its useless I'm useless against them Their beating me with ease On the way home This car as my confessions I think tonight I'll take the long way

About Me

  • I'm Josh
  • From Atlanta, Georgia
Profile
  • The NT & the People of God
  • The Secret Message of Jesus

Powered by Blogger