« Home | a thin place a resonating interval » | TENSION [weel three] The last two weeks we hav... » | Reading: More Ready Than You Realize by Brian McLa... » | TENSION [week two] Last week we talked about ... » | And it was on that day that I was well Some thi... » | divergent harmony » | I don't know if my friend Sharon wrote this or not... » | Alaska - Juneau Hawaii - Honolulu Washington - O... » | What I'm Reading: A Generous Orthodoxy by Brian Mc... » | Coming to you now as a special sneak preview . . .... » 

10.27.2004 

At what point do you wake up and realize that your blog has turned into boredom. Utterly stripped of anything that used to be funny, interesting, and wise. Its a sad realization when it hits you. Its essentially turned into what I'm reading and how many times a day I cut my fingernails and/or brush my sideburns. It is sad. It is sad. The idea however came to me to write out a schedule for my life. Not one that I will follow or be guided by or be bound too. But one that will allow for some type of gentle reminder to me to write, create, and enjoy life. Which I do enjoy. But at the same time is missing the once vital component of creating. Albeit, I do create graphics, but in a sense that expression of art is one that does not satisfy or stir my soul as completely as say does writing, reading, painting, or hiking. Though hiking is not an act of me creating. But it is an expression in a sense. Perhaps I'll take a pottery class or a sculpting class. Maybe a creative writing class. Maybe an apple cider making class. Maybe I'll go to a grist mill and learn how they made flour in the colonial period. I don't know. I need some type of recreational activity. The reality is that I come home and am utterly exhausted after an 8 hour work day which includes producing and editing videos in a dark studio, creating graphics and layouts in front of a computer, or sitting in a production meeting room for 3 hour meetings where I am forced to dump all of my creativity. I think by the very fact that I in a sense create or at the very least exercise my creativity for 8 hours a day, 40 hours a week, my desire to create outside of that context will be somewhat limited. And yet, I want to rediscover that "sacred space" in my life. So . . . we'll see what happens. And then . . . something much less than Picasso or Hemingway but yet at the same time wholly satisfying to me.

Hey Josh.

Just thought I'd let you know I'm checking up on you. :) Good book to read on creativity, Michael Card's "Scribbling in the Sand: Christ and the Creative Process". Hope things are going well.

-Seth

seth . . . where are you? i don't have your number or email anymore. please call me or email me. pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee!

ransompd@juno.com

Post a Comment

About Me

  • I'm Josh
  • From Atlanta, Georgia
Profile
  • The NT & the People of God
  • The Secret Message of Jesus

Powered by Blogger