« Home | PART ONE (random thoughts and ideas from Monday ni... » | Well I'm back from Yale. And I can't lie. It w... » | From Volf's chapter Oppression and Justice (discus... » | Questions arising out of a conversation with respe... » | a new post over at the phoenix project » | » | I found these over at my friend Casey's site (also... » | New post over at the Phoenix Project. » | A series of journal entries by a good guy on a vis... » | The drying out And the cracking thereof When my wh... » 

2.13.2006 

There's a nasty rumor going around that I tend to exagerate. Be that as it may . . . I must as clearly as I can describe to you how great the movie Elizabethtown is. We just got finished watching it and I can not tell you how beautifully epic it is. There are some cheesy lines starting off . . . but then the bottom drops out on it and it effortlessly drifts and floats in to superbness. It so monumental and huge and beautiful. And it reminds you to love, hope, travel, dream, risk, breathe. Not many movies capture all of that for me. Plus there is Rusty's Learning to Listen Part 8 as well. Which may single handedly be one of the funniest things I've ever seen at the young age of 25. So that's that. I know its a lot. I know it may be exageration, over dramatization, hyperbole . . . but it is as true as I know it to be. And for me that is enough. Epic. Dazzling. Stirring.

it was a good movie,
but i think you need to calm down a little...

Why are you surprised you enjoyed it? It was a Cameron Crowe movie. favorite line from Clair (paraphrased)"i love your smile and everything attached." sigh. i can be such a woman.

Indeed it was a phenomenal, yes I will use a word that serious, movie. Im gonna let you slide on hyping this on up cause its worth it. PS- I had a phenomenal time the other night. Dont de-friend me yet, Im crossin my fingers that the upcoming Phoenix Project will finally be my debut...

i love elisabethtown too! it starts out in my hometown (portland) at some anonymous shoe company . . . (nike or adidas anyone?) i think they actually filmed it at the adidas building . . .
anyway, it seemed almost like it was trying to be garden state or something (which was also phenomenal!), but i got over that and truly enjoyed the film.

dear josh, I am so thankful to have a friend like you. It is so nice that you would take the time to write a though-out encouraging note to me on my blog. You and anna mean so much to me and nick and we are so glad that we have friends who support us and that we can be there to support our friends. you guys rock my face off. whiskey sour

elizabethtown... i remember seeing the trailer for the first time and thinking immediately that it was going to be a garden state knock-off (esp when he's in the plane). but yeah, given it was crowe i saw it and thought it was very wonderful.

the only thing was that i'm not sure orlando bloom works in this kind of movie, at least for me. maybe a younger john cusack would have done it.

but yeah, stirring movie...

Post a Comment

About Me

  • I'm Josh
  • From Atlanta, Georgia
Profile
  • The NT & the People of God
  • The Secret Message of Jesus

Powered by Blogger