« Home | Reading: Blue Like Jazz by Don Miller Listening: ... » | Patchwork: The Bible as Mosaic Week Three So we�v... » | Excerpts from Blue Like Jazz by Don Miller "I tal... » | Patchwork: The Bible as Mosaic Part Two of My Conv... » | summer calendar  » | Reading: The Last Word and the Word After That by ... » | Showdown Week One We are beginning a new series a... » | The Gauntlet & Pamperfest  » | =w= » | They're back. Weezer's back. No more mediocrity. O... » 

6.06.2005 

- 4 days and 3 nights in Alabama - 5 days and 4 nights in Panama City - the life of 5 minute big things - engagement pictures that took 5 minutes to take - picking out a seer sucker suit (brown and white stripes) for the wedding in 5 minutes camp in Panama City Beach - tech geek overload with 14 projectors, 9 screens, 5 flat panel lcd monitors, and 10 intelligent lights - first part: boring because I've heard it and taught the same messages for 2 years - second part: life-changing because my heart was opened wider, my eyes bigger, and my mind smaller - God is big, my priorities (time, energy, thoughts, and passions) are out of whack - i have gotten caught up in materialism - i have gotten caught up in me - sponpsoring a child from bolivia with compassion international - not nearly enough - praying, thinking through some stuff about my role in the story - got burned, burned because i didn't (past tense) believe in sun screen - suave's tropical cocunut smells so good - had to put chap stick behind my ear because it was burnt and itched and didn't have any lotion - worked reasonably well - stale cheetos and jake said they tasted like evil - david hopped up on caramel apple suckers, it takes 2 to get him going - one of the best conversations with students i may have ever had. they let me know in their own words that i'm not alone in my thinking, struggles, frustrations with the current thinking and actions of the church and christians - lael, ben, and patrick, thanks for encouraging me even though you probably didn't know you were - 3 rants in one day. you will one day have your fall. history is skewed by those who write it - the white, rich men in power, the over romanticizing of our founding fathers and our country, i.e. the bill of rights - the end of patchwork - the beginning of something else - coldplay live leak - coldplay tomorrow

About Me

  • I'm Josh
  • From Atlanta, Georgia
Profile
  • The NT & the People of God
  • The Secret Message of Jesus

Powered by Blogger